Xbox Fanboy reports that Microsoft's Xbox Live platform has seen some very large numbers for 2008, including growth in revenue and quality of the games available.
According to Microsoft's press release this growth seems completely true. The challenge is figuring just what these numbers mean:
- 1.25 billion Gamerscore unlocked to date.
- 100 million achievements earned to date.
- 60+ XBLA titles score 75 or higher on metacritic.
- Braid is highest rated XBLA game of all time.
- 110 million trial XBLA games have been downloaded to date.
- The Summer of Arcade saw a 58% increase in unique members purchasing game titles.
- August broke revenue record by 67%.
The truth is, I have no idea. I'm posting about this for the revenue growth and to illustrate how a skilled press person can craft a release that says a lot while saying nothing at all.