ROUND 3 IS OPEN NOW:
Forget March Madness. We have a much geekier tournament for you: the bracket smackdown. There are four divisions with 32 badass heroes and villains from across the Marvel Cinematic Universe, comics, X-Men movies and crossovers and more. The final matchup will pit one goodie against one baddie... and only one woman of Marvel will be left standing in .
Best of all: You get to decide who that is(click out to Twitter for the full thread!).
MARCH 8 UPDATE:
Round Two just wrapped up, and the deuces are wild. After two upsets and two decisive victories, there are just two antiheroes left.
Someone once said, "A diamond is forever," and maybe there was something to the claim, because Emma Frost just will. Not. Quit. The ice queen has been blazing hot through two rounds of voting, taking down both Psylocke and Elektra in back-to-back barn burners. But does she have an extra trick up her sleeve to make it to the next round?
Frost will need ice water in her veins to get past the dominant Mystique.
Head over to Twitter.com/CNET now to decide who advances to the Final Four.
MARCH 1 UPDATE:
The first round is over, and each division is down to four lady bosses.
Haters will say the Antiheroes division is rigged. And Mystique would probably assassinate those haters, because she is in a good position to outlast everyone else in this division. That's partly because the ice-cold Emma Frost upset Psylocke in a barn burner first-round matchup.
Mystique goes up against a fellow blue devil, Nebula, in the second round. But if there's going to be another upset in the division, it will be because YOU say so. Vote now on Twitter.com/CNET or click below!
Meet the Antiheroes division. These villains are ambitious, remorseless and determined to win, no matter the cost. Click the names for more on each icon's history, powers and appearances. (Note some appeared under different names in Marvel's comic books.)
- Mystique: Marvel's version of the Big Blue Nation. She's a shape-shifting mutant with even shiftier motives.
- Typhoid Mary: With more personalities comes more power, apparently. As Mary, she's powerless; unleash her uncontrollable personas, Typhoid Mary or Bloody Mary, and she'll use telekinesis, pyrokinesis and mind control to defeat you.
- Nebula: This cyborg is incredibly skilled in battle. Her wrists are affixed with blasters that can incinerate a human with one shot.
- Proxima Midnight: A hand-to-hand combat expert. She's crafty with a spear and has escaped a lot of close battles to fight another day.
- Emma Frost: A real diamond of a villain. No really, this Omega-Class telepath can transform herself into a diamond, making her impervious to almost everything.
- Psylocke: A telepathic mutant and martial-arts master who can use telekinetic weapons in a fight.
- Elektra: A stabby, hot-headed assassin. She's trained in Ninjutsu, but her temper gets her into trouble.
- Aida: This is what happens when artificial intelligence working for S.H.I.E.L.D. gets a little too complex. She's a fascist, teleporting robot with feelings. Angry feelings.
See who's winning and who's been knocked out every week on. Plus, check out the other categories here:
Originally published Feb. 24 at 6:30 p.m. PT.
Update at 11:48 a.m. PT: Adds updated Twitter voting thread.
Update on March 8: Adds Round Two recap.