Yahoo plans to announce its quarterly earnings in the coming week, marking one of the more notable events in an extremely quiet week.
But Yahoo's earnings are the quiet before the storm, as the earnings season prepares to descend upon investors over the next several weeks.
Events scheduled this week:
Monday, April 5
- Store this! Storage security to technical project management will be covered during Storage Networking World, April 5-8, in Phoenix.
- Information retrieval to the mobile enterprise will be covered during the International Conference on Information Technology, April 5-8, in Las Vegas.
Wednesday, April 7
- Which way is up? IT challenges and trends for the year will be the topic of Directions 2004, April 7, in Boston.
- Yahoo is a portal company. It is expected to report a first-quarter profit of 10 cents a share.
- Consumer Credit is the total level of debt held by U.S. consumers. The February total is expected to climb to $7.6 billion, from $14.3 billion the previous month.