Verizon has added high-end devices like the Galaxy Note 7 and Moto Z to its lineup of late, but the wireless carrier isn't leaving cost-conscious shoppers in the lurch. The company announced on Thursday the entry-level HTC Desire 530, which will land in stores on August 11. Preorders start today.
The Desire 530 will cost $144 without a contract. You can also pick it up on an installment plan for only $6 a month over the course of 24 months. The device will be offered in an exclusive blue color.
The phone's full specs are:
- 5.0-inch 720p LCD display
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense
- 1.1GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 16GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot for expansion
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 2,200mAh nonremovable battery
See our list of fantastic smartphones for the cost-conscious for other options.