We're back from a three-day weekend with a new show, but we should probably let you know that we pretaped it -- Ashley's precious dog Bailey had surgery this past weekend, and won't be in the studio this week. Of course, we didn't want to leave you without Ashley and Khail for an entire week, so we figured making an advance show for Tuesday would be a good compromise, and then we'd have some super-cool guests in to talk about fun stuff the rest of the week.
Today, we're discussing a Navy robot that might become part of standard firefighting equipment on ships, why BitTorrent is making a run at original content (hint: it's going for those YouTube celebs fed up with revenue problems) and an air-conditioning system that only activates if it detects a person moving under it. That last story comes from the same architect who came up with a heating system made of an infrared beam focused on individual people moving through a building, so we can't wait to tell you all about it.
Tomorrow Daily 130 [mp3]: Firefighting robots, BitTorrent's original content plans and more
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- SAFFiR is a robot made for fighting fires on Navy ships
- BitTorrent announces partnership with LA studio to create original content
- Cloud Cast is a cooling system designed to follow individuals around an area
- New Releases: The Order: 1886, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- User Feedback: Your iTunes reviews, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily: