We kicked off today's show with a feel-good story about how 3D-printing is bringing joy to a kid in Columbia via an inexpensive prosthetic allowing him to play guitar. It's amazing what technology can do, and even a few years ago, this wouldn't have been possible without a high price tag attached. We're also talking about an insane experiment referred to as "mixed-reality" sports, where a couple of gamers using Oculus Rift and a real-life athlete sped down the the exact same hill (one real, one VR).
Not only do we have those stories, we're also talking about a really cool drone mod we found on Reddit, where user Olivier decked out his drone in full Millennium Falcon regalia. It's one of the best things we've seen from the RC community recently, but he's also working on a TIE fighter...
Tomorrow Daily 124 [mp3]: Real-life athletes vs. VR gamers, a Millennium Falcon drone and more
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- 3D printing gives Columbian teen inexpensive prosthetic that lets him play guitar
- "Mixed-reality" sport concept pits gamers using VR against real-world athletes
- Book can tell if you're judging its cover, locks up its content if you are
- Mod Squad: Drone modded to look like a super sweet Millennium Falcon
- User Feedback: Your #TDBlocks feedback, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily: