On today's show, we're feeling a little bit weird, which is probably why we couldn't stop giggling at one man's attempt at making his own mechanical horse. To be fair, there's no way we can do better ourselves, no question...but watching that metal pony hobble around is the gift that keeps on giving.
Now that we've all agreed on the fact that we're horrible people, we're also talking about some really cool stuff today, like an inflatable planetarium and an incredible demo of a super-realistic looking apartment using Unreal Engine 4. Someone even grabbed the demo and turned it into an Oculus-compatible tour, which is pretty impressive.
Tomorrow Daily 121 [mp3]: Realistic Unreal Engine 4 demo, a homemade mechanical horse and more
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- Chinese farmer crafts his very own gas-powered horse, gets A for effort
- Unreal Engine 4 demo of a Parisian apartment shows off next-gen capabilities
- "Osmo" is an inflatable planetarium made of mylar (and our space dreams)
- Into It: Face Off on SyFy and Knife Party
- User Feedback: Your #TDVRFilm feedback, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily: