It's Tuesday, and Fox just dropped a huge new release on us: "The X-Files" will be returning to television for a short six-episode run. We still have so many questions from the original series, but our fingers are mostly crossed that it will capture the hearts and minds of geeks everywhere again. It's a much different landscape for sci-fi TV today than it was 20 years ago, with shows like "Orphan Black" and "Black Mirror" around, so Chris Carter and his team will have to work extra hard to make this six-episode order sparkle.
We're also talking about robotic arms today: one's for humans and it's powered by a smartphone (making it much cheaper than traditional options), and the other is a single-arm robot designed to squeeze comfortably into a tight assembly line to complete precise tasks like circuit board testing.
Tomorrow Daily 149: 'The X-Files' is back, and we're ready for more Mulder and Scully
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- Handiii is a 3D-printed, inexpensive bionic arm powered by a smartphone
- "The X-Files" is back, because the truth is still out there
- Rethink Robotics' new robot "Sawyer" aims to replace assembly line employees with precision work
- New Releases: Bloodborne, REBUS, and Home
- User Feedback: Your #TDVRvAR feedback, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily: