OK, universe, you think you can beat me? You think you can make every single item I post sell out within a few hours? Maybe with one deal, maybe even with two, but five? Take your best shot.
That's right: today I'm swinging for the fences, with five deals instead of just the usual one. Some of them are today-only offerings, meaning they will indeed be gone by tomorrow (if not sooner), but hopefully we'll get through the day--and maybe even the weekend--with a few "survivors."
1. Multifunction goodness! Today only, Amazon has the Epson Stylus NX625 wireless all-in-one printer for $59.99 shipped. If it's half as good as the Epson WorkForce 840 I reviewed a couple months ago, you'll be in multifunction heaven. And judging from the glowing user reviews, it is.
2. Also today only, Pennywise.biz has the Duracell Powerhouse USB external battery pack for $15.99, plus a penny for shipping. It sports a 2,000mAh rechargeable lithium-ion cell and two connectors: a swing-out mini-USB arm and a standard USB port. That means you can power/recharge two devices (like phones and iPods) simultaneously. It sells elsewhere for $35-40.
3. While supplies last, Dell is offering refurbished Inspiron Duo convertible Netbook tablets for $381.65 (plus sales tax where applicable). That's after applying coupon code TP1CH37H9M5Q3M. To find available inventory, scroll down the page a bit to Inspiron Duo Laptop and click Check Prices. The Duo isn't a performance champ, but it has a cool factor that's off the charts. Warranty: one year, same as new units.
4. Need a new monitor? Newegg has the Hanns-G HF225DPB 21.5-inch LCD monitor for $119.99 shipped. It features a 1,920 x 1,080 native resolution, built-in speakers, VGA/DVI inputs, and a one-year warranty.
5. If you're looking for a word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation manager, but don't want to spend a small fortune on Microsoft Office, check out Lotus Symphony 3.
It's based on the ever-popular OpenOffice, but has a much nicer interface (IMHO). More importantly, it's file-compatible with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Oh, and more thing: it's free. (I'd like to see that sell out!)
Well, that's it for me, folks. Have a great weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday.