Subscribe with iTunes (audio)
Subscribe with iTunes (video)
Subscribe with RSS (audio)
Subscribe with RSS (video)
Reporters' Roundtable #14: Biggest tech stories of the year
SHOW NOTES AND TALKING POINTS
Is this a year of recovery? Wasn't the 2008 meltdown in 08 the biggest factor in 2009?
Let's talk first about technological power shifts
- Google, Google - Chromes OS, Android
- Apple App store dominance
- Windows 7 didn't kill MS
- MS doesn't buy Yahoo
- Carriers losing control? Verizon/AT&T fight
- Smart phones becoming ubiquitous (what's it mean when everyone has a portable, connected device)
- A&TT/Apple fight?
- Emergence of streaming (Netflix, Blu-ray players etc.) and how its disrupting media
- Kindle and e-books in general, threat or savior to print media.
- FCC weights in on Net neutrality
- Role of EU fights
- DNS security stories
What will be the big story of 2010??
- Pent up demand of consumers?
Thanks Scott and Tom. Thanks, Benito (producer)
Thanks for listening to Reporters Roundtable this year. We're on live each Friday at live.cnet.com. Our next show will be taped January 7 from the floor of the CES convention in Las Vegas. We'll be talking about how new products--including some at CES--get designed, and why they look so ugly. So don't miss it.
Watch my Twitter feed for updates.
Feedback to our new e-mail address, email@example.com.
Apple - USE TAG
reading•Reporters' Roundtable: Biggest tech stories of 2009 (podcast)
Aug 21•Microsoft discovers new Russian hacking operation targeting US groups
Aug 21•Apple Pay now accepted at all Costcos in the US
Aug 20•Report: Apple will finally give us Retina MacBook Air, new Mac Mini
Aug 20•The best back-to-school deals from Best Buy