Ubisoft is set to release a new patch for Rainbow Six Siege, fixing a number of exploits, improving anti-cheating measures, and tweaking hit registration. The update is scheduled to launch on January 13 for PC, while the console version will be available from January 20.
"This patch will be released on PC first because of the faster deployment process, in order to test the impact the fixes have and adjust if needed," Ubisoft said in a post on the game's forum.
"A much bigger patch, Patch 2.0, will be released at the same time as Season 1, on February 2. This update will be made available on PC and consoles at the same time."
The full contents of the patch can be found below.
General Tweaks and Improvements
(Live for PC and consoles, as of Jan. 13)
Hit Registration Improvements
- Updated the server tick rate for console users
- With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.
- Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
- Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.
Exploit Fix: Defenders Exiting The Preparation Phase
- Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
- We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13 (Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.
Top Community Raised Bug Fixes
(Live for PC on Jan. 13, live for consoles on Jan. 20)
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.
Level Design Fixes
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for more information.
- Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
- Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
- Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:
- If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.