Follow these simple steps and change an icon into an image (with alpha):
- First, highlight your application from the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Press (Command + I) to "Get Info".
- In the "Get Info" window, click on the tiny icon in the top-left corner. You will notice it becomes highlighted.
- Press (Command + C) to copy the icon.
- Open the Preview application.
- Press (Command + N). This will open a new Preview document with the contents of your clipboard (your icon). You will notice that the Preview file contains the entire ICNS information.
- Simply press (Command + S) to save your image. In the Save dialogue box, change the format to PNG and keep the Alpha box checked. This will save an Internet-compatible image with no background that you are able to use on any blog or Web site.
All the latest Apple news, featuring developments on the iPhone, iPad, Macbooks, OS X and much more.
Jul 21Making sense of iOS 11's new Notification Center
Jul 21Turn your Mac or PC into a cheap and easy Apple TV
Jul 20Firefox for iOS now wants you to browse in the dark
Jul 20Disney and Pixar have snuck onto Apple's video app Clips