The next expansion for BioWare's 2014 role-playing game, Dragon Age: Inquisition, is now available.
Announced earlier this month, The Descent is a single-player expansion in which players travel to the depths of a new dungeon, journeying across the Deep Roads in an attempt to "uncover some of Thedas' darkest secrets." It won't be a walk in the park, BioWare says, as the nasty Darkspawn -- creatures that fill the dungeon -- are no pushovers. Check out the video below to see the content in action.
In other news about Dragon Age: Inquisition, Xbox One owners can now play it for free through EA Access. What's more, BioWare has announced Patch 9 for the game, which includes a range of bug fixes and improvements for multiplayer.
Among other things, Patch 9 adds a new multiplayer character named Pala, the Silent Sister. "Pala is a zealous dwarven warrior with an unwavering dedication to the art of war," BioWare said. "Pala willingly chose exile to join the Inquisition in its perpetual struggle against the enemies of Thedas."
The Dragon Age: Inquisition patch also clears up a variety of platform-specific problems, including some graphical issues for the PC edition. Check out the full patch notes below in English; they are available in other languages here.
Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 9:
- Fixed an issue where resetting options of any category could also reset the game difficulty.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Multiplayer potions to be consumed if target mode was entered and cancelled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Yavanalis staff headpiece to not display in Multiplayer.
- Added a hot key for Salvage in Multiplayer.
- Fixed some issues that caused some localized text to not fit in their proper display areas.
- Fixed an issue that could cause XP and other stats to double in Multiplayer.
- [PC] Fixed an issue that could cause onscreen flickering when using AMD Crossfire dual GPU and Mantle.
- [Xbox One] Fixed unnecessary "online connection" popup at game launch
- [PS4] Fixed an issue that could cause the game to become unresponsive when losing connection while joining a full Multiplayer session.