One of the problems is the "You already own this item" error message on Android devices, while another bug makes your progress temporarily reset to level 1. Additionally, Niantic Labs warns that Pokemon Go can zap your battery when playing for a long time. "We are working on a solution," the developer said about the battery life issue.
Other problems include distorted audio and drifting or jittery GPS location service. "Please ensure location/GPS enabled and set to high-accuracy mode," Niantic said about this. "We're constantly working to improve GPS accuracy and stability. In general, GPS accuracy largely depends on the device you're using and your signal/connection strength."
Scroll down to see all of the Pokemon Go known issues, as well as some workarounds where available. All of the text is written by Niantic Labs (via Kotaku).
The AR game is free with microtransactions, though if you want limited access to the game without unlocking your phone, you can buy a $35 optional accessory. The accessory vibrates when a Pokemon is nearby, at which point you'll have to press a button to catch the creature.
For more on Pokemon Go -- which challenges players to find, catch, and collect Pokemon in the real world -- check out GameSpot's article on essential facts you'll need to know. It covers where to find Pokemon, how to hatch eggs and evolve, and the in-game Pokemon Gyms.
Pokemon Go known issues:
Receive "You already own this item" error message (Android only)
- If your device loses internet connectivity while purchasing PokeCoins from the shop, you may receive the "You already own this item" error message. Please power off and restart your device to resolve this issue.
Trainer progress temporarily resets to Level 1
- You may have inadvertently created two Pokemon Go accounts: one account using Google and one using Pokemon Trainer Club. If you create an account with one login method and later attempt to use the other login method, a second account is created. To resolve this issue, log out of your account via the Settings menu and then log back in with your original login method.
- In some situations, music and sound effects within Pokemon Go app may become distorted or delayed. This issue often occurs while connected to Bluetooth audio. We are aware of the issue and we are actively working on a solution.
Heavy battery use
- Some devices may experience battery drain while playing Pokemon GO for prolonged periods of time. We are working on a solution.
My location is jittery or drifts
- Please ensure location/GPS enabled and set to high-accuracy mode. We're constantly working to improve GPS accuracy and stability. In general, GPS accuracy largely depends on the device you're using and your signal/connection strength.
Receive "This item is not available in your country" error when trying to download the app.
- Please check your Google Wallet settings to ensure that your address is based in the proper country. If this doesn't work, you could also try reaching out to the Google Play support team via their Help Center.