I was surprised to get an email this morning telling me that someone from Oracle had unsubscribed from AC/OS, my more personal blog. Surprised on two counts:
- I didn't know anyone read it anymore now that I've moved 99% of my blog activity here and
- The reason this person gave for leaving.
What offended this person or gave them cause to strongly disagree with me? Well, the last five posts are as follows:
- The best football team on the planet [Maybe he likes Manchester United?]
- Traffic school with Phil Windley [Maybe he thinks I'm a criminal?]
- One million miles with Delta [Maybe he prefers United?]
- Another reason to live in Utah [Maybe he's sad because he has to ski the slush of Tahoe?]
- 13 lucky years [Maybe he dated my wife in high school and is still upset she chose me?]
Whatever the reason, it's one of the downsides of the web: you can make false accusations with little punitive impact. Maybe that's why he unsubscribed: I'm an admirer or Oracle's business but not always it's open-source practices. But that's this blog, my Oracle friend, not AC/OS.