Nokia launched a feature phone -- it barely has a browser -- and the internet went nuts. Part of that is because the original was such an iconic phone: simple, indestructible, easy. Now the 3310 is back and better than ever.
How much better?
We stumbled across an original 3310 handset -- all the way from the year 2000 -- and brought the two generations together. Family reunion! Almost?
Here are the big standouts from the new 3310:
- It's slimmer, brighter and looks way more fragile.
- The new screen is larger and displays color (those black-and-white days are over).
- There's a camera! And a flashlight! You can MMS images!
- There's an Opera browser. And an app store.
- You can play games like Asphalt 6.
- A microSD card can store images.
- Battery life may last up to 22 hours and a month on standby mode.
- Yes, it still has all the Nokia-ness you love: That unforgettable earworm of a ringtone, and Snake.
Check out the rest of our Mobile World Congress 2017 coverage.
Mobile World Congress 2019
reading•We compared the new Nokia 3310 to the original
Dec 22•21 hidden Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus features
Dec 22•Here's every Galaxy S phone since 2010
Jun 1•All-screen, no-notch Vivo Nex phone officially lands June 12
Mar 29•CNET UK podcast 537: Huawei goes colourful and Andy secures his home