Apple hits back A New Zealand Listener article discusses Apple's disproportionately large media share, and how it has changed over the past few years: "Apple's PC market share might be as little as three percent (a slightly misleading figure, given that it includes innumerable office-drone PCs ? user stats for the websites I maintain show that between eight and 10 percent of real-people visitors are on Macs), but the pundits have lately queued up to praise its sense of style and innovation." More.
iPod the new sonic boom In an article in The Guardian, Toby Manhire summarizes a number of UK news stories on the iPod, focusing on its increasing popularity. More.
Previously we noted:
- Apple's Power Mac G5 Firmware Update v5.1.4
- iTunes crashes when accessing Gracenote CDDB?
- Safari 1.1 Changes, and future Safari improvements
- Troubleshooting QuickTime 6.4: APE conflict clarification
- Troubleshooting Mac OS X 10.3: Agfa scanners; MPEG files with no video
- Odds and Ends: Another OS X security issue? MacWasher X/Word conflict; Knowledge Base Updates
- New and Noteworthy: Happy Birthday, Mac; Best of Apple 2003; Muckraking; Not understanding the problem