IBM chip group struggles An IDG New Service story discusses problems with IBM's chip manufacturing facility in East Fishkill, NY, which produces the processor chips used in Apple's Power Mac and Xserve G5 machines: "the [chip manufacturing] business remains unprofitable, in part due to yield issues" More.
Previously we noted:
- AirPort 3.4 issues: signal strength; connection problems; more
- Apple releases AirPort Extreme Firmware 5.4; AirPort Management Utility 1.0
- Safari Uploading problems
- Odds and Ends: HP All-in-One drivers; Knowledge Base updates
- Utilities Updates: Back up user prefs; Deja Vu
- New and Noteworthy: Apple goes after notebook sales; Ben & Jerry's iTunes giveaway; iMS & Webby Awards; iPod accessorie