Apple and enterprising computing A MacNewsWorld article discusses the challenges faced by Apple in the enterprise market: "In the long term, a renewed focus on serving smaller companies now could move things along, but the bottom line is that trying to sell tomorrow's ideas to yesterday's people is a recipe for yet another failure to crack the enterprise market." More.
Time for an iPod IPO In a Business Week online column, Alex Salkever contends that Apple should spin off the iPod division while it's hot: "the best move right now is to spin out iPod and pocket the cash, because Wall Street's current euphoria marks the market's peak." More.
Previously on MacFixIt:
- iTunes 4.5 (#5): Caching problems, ShapeShifter and a new fix; Audio CD crashes; more
- Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" to be previewed at WWDC
- Problem exporting iMovie DV files to camcorders; solution
- More on iPod sound dropouts; Large folder transfer problems; Remote control issues
- Solutions for FireWIre drives not being recognized
- Norton Scheduler problem workaround; Norton AntiVirus annoyance
- Comcast home networking not Mac compatible
- Odds and Ends: Problems with AirPort and D-Link routers; possible solution; Some routers not allowing iChat AV audio/video exchanges
- New and Noteworthy: Apple Design Awards Deadline; Daystar offers 433 MHz G4 upgrade for Lombard PowerBooks; more