Apple goes after notebook sales A BBC News article notes that with Apple's Monday upgrades to the PowerBook and iBook lines, the company "is aiming to capitalise on the trend towards portable computing." More.
Ben & Jerry's giving away iTunes songs A MacMinute article notes that Ben & Jerry's will be giving away 50,000 iTunes Music Store downloads as part of its annual "Free Cone Day." More.
iTunes Music Store nominated for Webby Awards Apple's iTunes Music Store has been nominated for three Webby Awards, in the Commerce, Music, and Services categories. More.
iPod accessories A Forbes article notes the "thriving market" for iPod accessories: "Apple officials estimate there are more than 200 products on the market. Accessory maker Belkin Corp. says one in five iPod owners has bought one of its products." More.
Previously on MacFixIt:
- AirPort 3.4: Signal strength; Connection lost; WEP Problems; Instructions for reverting to old version; more
- Safari 1.2.x: Problems uploading to some sites
- Apple releases Bluetooth firmware 1.1
- Apple updates AirPort software to 3.4
- Utilities Updates: Mac Minder 2.5; ZeboPhoto 1.4.3; Interarchy 7.1.1; more
- New and Noteworthy: iPod people 'downsizing'; RealNetworks Launches Mac OS X Encoding Solution and RealProducer Plus 10; more