As a follow-up to a monitor we recently reviewed, the, on Tuesday NEC announced the 23-inch NEC MultiSync EA231WMi.
The EA231WMi is a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor with a few notable improvements over the EA221WM-BK. First off, the new display uses an IPS-based panel as opposed to the TN panel the EA221WM-BK used. Also, the EA231WMi is the first NEC desktop display to feature a DisplayPort connection.
DisplayPort is a rare, but powerful connection that has been heralded as the future of digital monitor connections.
Additionally, the monitor includes a one-touch button for Eco Mode and features an ambient light sensor.
Here's a short list of additional features:
- 4-way ergonomic stand (110mm height adjust, pivot, tilt and swivel)
- Carbon footprint meter for tracking of carbon savings
- DisplayPort, VGA, and DVI connectivity
- Integrated four-port USB 2.0 hub
- Down-firing built-in speakers with headphone jack
- Built-in carrying handle
The EA231WMi will begin shipping in August 2009 with an estimated street price of $379. The display ships with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.