CNET también está disponible en español.

Ir a español

Don't show this again


Motherboard merger: Gigatek? Asusbyte?

Motherboard merger: Gigatek? Asusbyte?

TG Daily reports that Asustek and Gigabyte have agreed to a merger, which will allow the combined company to battle larger vendors such as ECS and Foxconn for precious market share. They've yet to decide on a name, but the new company will begin operations on January 1, 2007. Asustek will hold a 51 percent stake with Gigabyte holding the other 49 percent. Word is this may not be the last merger in the increasingly competitive motherboard market, with MSI perhaps looking for a suitor.