Microsoft has released Office 2004 11.3.5 for Mac OS X, plugging security holes in the application suite.
Release notes state:
"This update contains several improvements to enhance security and stability, including fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code. In addition, this update includes all the improvements released in all previous Office 2004 updates."
Enhancements specific to each application are as follows:
Improvements for all Office 2004 applications
Improvements for Word 2004
- Fixes vulnerabilities in Office 2004 that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.
- Fixes an issue that causes an increase in utilization of system resources when you drag a file or object to an Office application window.
Improvements for Excel 2004
- Fixes an issue that prevents Word from displaying its complete version number in the About Word dialog (for example, 11.3.5).
Improvements for PowerPoint 2004
- Fixes one issue that, when you open Excel, causes the application to unexpectedly open workbooks or other files.
Improvements for Entourage 2004
- Fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint to quit unexpectedly when opening presentations.
- Fixes an issue that caused Entourage to stop responding for several minutes during ordinary use.
The new release is available as a 59.5 MB standalone download.
Problems after applying this update? Please let us know.