Microsoft's Ignite conference, taking place in Orlando, kicked off this morning with a keynote from Mary Jo Foley -- is covering the show in depth, all week., and released a flood of news related to its IT professional and enterprise customers. CNET isn't there, but our sister site, ZDNet -- and Microsoft maven
Here are the highlights from ZDNet so far:
- Microsoft to bring multi-user virtualization to Windows and Office with Windows Virtual Desktop service
- Microsoft starts rolling out Office 2019 for Windows and Mac
- Microsoft tries again to win developers with new Cortana Enterprise Skills Kit
- What's next for Teams, Microsoft's 'fastest growing business app' in company history
- The big data odyssey of SQL Server 2019, and more data and AI news from Microsoft Ignite
- Microsoft readies previews of Azure Digital Twins, Azure Sphere secure-edge service
- Microsoft to unify search across Windows 10, Office 365 and Bing with Microsoft Search
- Microsoft staggers rollout of Surface Hub 2, with hardware in 2019; new software in 2020
And here'sthat Microsoft has planned for 2019, too.
Meanwhile, remember that Microsoft is returning to consumer devices next week with a Surface event in New York City on October 2. We'll be there to cover that one live. In the meantime, here are all the.
Originally published 8:30 a.m. PT. Updated with the Windows Virtual Desktop news.
: How CEO Satya Nadella changed the culture at the world's largest software maker.
: Rumored specs, features, leaks, price and release date.