A number of users are experiencing problems with syncing after the 2.1 update, receiving the message:
- "The iPod cannot be updated. An unknown error has occurred (13213)."
This issue can be resolved, in some cases, via the following process:
- Disconnect the iPod and turn it off
- Quit and relaunch iTunes 8
- Reconnect the iPod (do not turn it on first)
Meanwhile, Apple's official release notes for iPod touch v2.1, displayed upon installation, are as follows:
- Genius playlist creation
- Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- Faster installation of 3rd party applications
- Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes if you have lots of 3rd party applications
- Faster loading and searching of contacts
- Other bug fixes
Feedback? Contact us.