When I first unwrapped the iiView M1Touch in the office, everyone here had a nagging feeling they'd seen the design somewhere. Can you guess what it looks like?
Before Apple jumps on the bones of the Hong Kong-based manufacturer, you can grab this slate device, which looks like an oversized iPod Touch or iPad, for between $500 and $700. The M1Touch, which comes in four models, is a Windows 7-running, Atom-carrying member of the slate family.
- Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz processor
- 10.2-inch (1,024x600) multitouch display
- 1GB or 2GB RAM, depending on model
- 160GB or 250GB HDD, depending on model
- Webcam, USB, and 4-in-1 card reader
- Built-in accelerometer
- About 11.4 inches wide by 6 inches tall by less than an inch deep
- 2.6 pounds
- Up to three hours of battery life
- Windows 7 Home Premium
The iiView M1Touch is expected out later this month.
(Source: Crave Asia)