Apple has issued a press release stating that more than 100,000 iPhone developers have downloaded the beta iPhone Software Development Kit (SDK) in the first four days since its launch on March 6.
The press release also carries praise for the SDK from a number of developers who were not touted in the initial SDK hubbub and who are apparently planning official applications for the iPhone. They include:
- Intuit: "excited that the iPhone expands the ways our customers can solve key financial tasks wherever they might be.?
- PopCap: planning Bejeweled, Zuma and Peggle
- Net Suite: planning SuitePhone
- Six Apart: planning a native iPhone application for TypePad
- THQ Wireless: "We?re looking at how we can use the iPhone?s innovative user interface to create new game experiences for our big brand entertainment partners that consumers love."