iHome and New Balance have teamed up for a new set of "fitness evolved" earphones that come equipped with a detachable in-line unit that features a built-in chronograph, pedometer, and heart rate monitor. Here's the quick details for the NB639, which is available now for $99.
- Chronograph workout timer
- Pedometer (tracks total number of steps and distance traveled)
- Heart rate monitor (measures heart rate beats per minute and calories burned)
- Real-time voice-over feedback (heart rate, caloric burn, steps taken, and distance stats, without pausing your music)
- Includes HeartPal graphing software to chart and parse your exercise data
- Charges and syncs via USB
- Small, medium, and large ear cushions to fit a variety of ear sizes
- Price: $99
As you can see, there's no Bluetooth; this is a wired model, which obviously has its pros and cons. On the upside, iHome says it offers rich, detailed sound. We'll let you know just what we think about the whole package when we get our hands on a review sample.