Today HP announced two new laptops for business users: the heavy-duty nx9420 and the midsize nc6320.
The 7.4-pound nx9420 walks the line between midsize and desktop replacement, and it features a 17-inch wide-screen display with a choice of WXGA+, WSXGA+, or WUXGA resolutions. The rest of the specs indicate that this laptop is loaded for number crunching, graphic design, and other intensive tasks:
- Intel Core Duo processors from 1.67GHz to 2.17GHz
- Up to 4GB of swift 533MHz or blazing 677MHz RAM
- Discrete ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics (256MB)
- Hard drives from 60GB to 100GB, either 5,400rpm or smokin' 7,200rpm
- DVD/CD-RW drive or a dual-layer DVD burner with HP LightScribe disc labeling.
Also announced today, the nc6320 offers a bit more portability and a lot of configurations, with pricing starting at $1,049:
- Choice of 14-inch XGA or 15-inch XGA or SXGA+ displays
- Economical Celeron M or the latest Core Solo and Core Duo processors
- Up to 4GB of 533MHz or 677MHz RAM
- Integrated Intel graphics
- 40GB to 100GB 5,400rpm hard drives
- Optional WWAN connectivity through Verizon
- Optical drive options include a DVD burner.