- The Hamilton Mixtape is here! After being teased for weeks, the whole shebang is out and streaming on all platforms.
- If you haven't seen "Lemonade," Beyonce was gracious enough to upload a big chunk of it on YouTube in the form of a music video for "All Night," the song that closes the album.
- Feast your ears on a wild release from Childish Gambino. It's a funky, soulful, rock-infused, experimental departure for FX's "Atlanta" creator and star.
- The Rolling Stones and John Legend have new albums, too.
- A new J. Cole album was clandestinely announced when it popped up as a preorder on iTunes, and now a 40-minute documentary exclusively streaming on Tidal chronicles the creation of the upcoming album.
- This week Tidal also livestreamed a YG concert featuring (a personal favorite Bay Area rapper) Kamaiyah, a Jhene Aiko performance at a Moschino fashion show, and shared episode two of its exclusive tour documentary series following up-and-coming rapper 21 Savage.
- Spotify launched a new weekly playlist called Singles. The playlist features a variety of artists that have recorded music at Spotify's NYC studios.
- Earlier this year Apple announced that it was teaming up with NASA for a short film about planet Jupiter. You can listen to songs from the soundtrack, featuring Brad Paisley, GZA The Genius and Jim James, exclusively on Apple Music.
Spotify announced that Drake was its most streamed artist of 2016. I'll admit, I played a part in that.
The internet radio provider announced two new subscriptions; a $5-a-month membership that lets you replay songs on a station's live stream, listen offline and skip songs, and a $10-a-month subscription similar to Spotify's all-you-can-eat situation.
Run The Jewels and Kid Cudi announced new albums
Because having something to look forward to is always nice.