- With all eyes on Volt's debut, GM turns 100 - Detroit Free Press
On the business importance of the plug-in hybrid Volt to General Motors.
- Financial slump to hit late-stage clean-tech firms - BusinessGreen
The so-called Valley of Death--the stage in which start-ups try to scale to commercial production--may get longer for clean-tech companies.
- Clean-tech insiders weigh Wall Street turmoil - Cleantech Group
At an industry conference, investors say Wall Street's woes could impact clean-tech firms, despite positive long-term trends.
- Obama and McCain: No climate doubt - The New York Times
Andrew Revkin quizzes the presidential candidates on climate change, with McCain advocating more gradual implementation of climate regulations and Obama advocating more aggressive targets.
- SolarReserve heats up with $140 million for 5GW of solar thermal - Earth2Tech
Utility-scale solar company that uses molten salt for storage lands money to expand.
- Why the gas engine is sticking around - The Wall Street Journal
The Journal does a deep dive on energy, touching on cars, LED lighting, oil companies investing in clean-tech start-ups, and cleaning up coal.
- Modern energy - Financial Times
The Financial Times does its own special report on energy, with a reality check: fossil fuels are the vast majority of the energy business today, but renewables, possibly nuclear, are growing fast.
- Analysts say solar prices beginning to fall - Greentech Media
Here it comes: prices for solar-cell materials are starting their projected rapid decline, analysts say.
- Cleaning up tech: How to recycle old electronics - CleanTechnica
Some tips on responsibly getting rid of electronics, including sites that purchase gear for resale or recycling.
- Experts talk clean tech on Capitol Hill - Cleantech Group
Once again, luminaries from the energy industry call on Congress to extend tax credits for renewable energy, while calling for more aggressive support for energy efficiency.
Here's a sampling of green-tech news, with quick commentary.