A sampling of green-tech news with quick commentary.
- White House stops pending Bush regulations for review - Reuters
Significant climate change-related regulations will be reconsidered, including CAFE fuel efficiency standards and whether the EPA can regulate greenhouse gases on public-health grounds.
- Obama's Big Speech: Yes We Can Include Energy - Wall Street Journal
Energy and environment play a prominent role in Obama's inaugural speech and is one of the top two agenda items on the whitehouse.gov Web site. (No. 1 is the economy.)
- Inaugural Balls Take On a Green Tinge - Wall Street Journal
The details on the "green inaugural ball," which featured locally grown food and tickets printed on recycled paper.
- What to Expect of Obama on Clean Tech - Red Herring
A stimulus package could come next month and an energy bill, which could have a national renewable-energy mandate, is expected later this year.
- Tesla Raises Prices To 'Guarantee Viability' - Wired.com
A tough decision, no doubt, but it underscores the intense pressure even Tesla is feeling to make money so it can raise expansion funds.
- Cape Wind receives favorable federal environmental review - Boston Globe
The massive offshore wind project gets closer to clearing all regulatory hurdles.
- Abu Dhabi's amazing clean energy bet - Marc Gunther
Forbes writer visits Abu Dhabi, which on Monday committed to generating 7 percent of its electricity from renewable sources by 2020.
Watch CBS News videos online