- 'Emissions-free' coal plant pilot fires up in Germany - AFP
An important test for so-called clean call in Germany. The Schwarze Pumpe, or Black Pump, will push carbon emissions from coal underground.
- New bacteria could make cheaper ethanol - Reuters
A scientist behind cellulosic ethanol company Mascoma publishes paper on genetically tuned microbe to shortcut the fermentation process.
- Thin-Film Solar Set to Take Market Share from Crystalline Solar PV - Greentech Media
Expect solar prices to fall and solar companies to get bruised, from anticipated silicon glut and ramp-up of alternative cell materials.
- Boston energy firm faces legal challenge over its technology - The Patriot Ledger
Trash-to-energy firm Ze-gen being sued for allegedly misappropriating technology. via Xconomy.
- Range Fuels to Explore Herbaceous Energy Crops With Leading Developer of Biomass Feedstocks: Financial News - Press release
I would expect a number of cellulosic ethanol companies to look at Ceres' as a potential feedstock.
- Freescale Illuminates LED Growth Markets with New Power Management Integrated Circuits - Press release
Another sign that chip makers are pushing into specialized energy-efficiency products.
- Congress Weighs Boosting Funds for Mass Transit - WSJ.com
Sign of the times as high gas prices stretch limits of mass-transit infrastructure.
- VC money shows maturing of cleantech industry - AP
A bit more nuanced look at clean-tech investing, with mentions of building automation and lighting, not just solar and biofuels.