- Exxon CEO advocates emissions tax -- The Wall Street Journal
The danger of a cap and trade system, say detractors, is that the system will benefit financiers but not be effective in putting a price on polluting.
- Solar-cell maker halts construction plans for new plant in Hillsboro -- OregonLive.com
This case illustrates two trends: the difficulty getting loans to build factories these days and the cultural mismatch between start-ups and state clean-energy officals.
- Two Austin employers announce job cuts - Austin American-Statesman
HeliVolt, one of the most promising CIGS solar companies, has laid off about 15 people, another sign of belt-tightening among clean-tech start-ups.
- SolFocus raises $47.5 million -- press release
The solar company, one of the first to jump on , also names CEO.
- Venture capitalist says U.S. losing green race -- San Francisco Chronicle
John Doerr tells lawmakers that the U.S. lags in green tech, and columnist Thomas Friedman says lack of government leadership is foiling entrepreneurs' work.
- Prius as emergency generator saved bacon, eggs when lights went out -- Green Car Advisor
The story of how a car battery can act as a power backup. As more electric cars get on the road, expect to see more of this.
- A123Systems to build U.S.-based lithium ion battery mass production facilities -- press release
Leading lithium ion battery company applies for $1.84 billion in loans to expand manufacturing of car batteries.
- Markey to lead powerful energy subcommittee -- The Boston Globe
The incoming head of House energy subcommittee calls clean tech the "next technological revolution in America."
- Suntech boasts 1GW capacity amid Tough times for solar market -- Greentech Media
Chinese solar manufacturer hits important milestone, as higher volumes leads to lowers costs.
- America's untapped energy resource: Boosting efficiency -- Time
News magazine lays out the case for energy efficiency and reminds us how the greenest technologies (efficiency) are often the dullest.