- SiOnyx Brings "Black Silicon" into the Light; Material Could Upend Solar, Imaging Industries - Xconomy
New company formed from Harvard-discovered method for making silicon more receptive to light, potentially making solar cells far more productive.
- Bloom Energy Licenses Modine's Fuel-Cell Tech - Earth2Tech
Bloom Energy, backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, is making a highly efficient 5-kilowatt fuel cell for buildings.
- Energy Biz Boosts GE, Solar Stocks Still Battered - Greentech Media
A look at the market tumble's impact on public energy companies.
- Financial Fallout: Market Tumbles Shake Nuclear Clean-Up Funds - Environmental Capital - The Wall Street Journal
Here's a fallout from the financial crisis you probably didn't think of: the clean-up funds for retiring nuclear-power plants.
- Will the Momentum for Renewables Wither? - Green Inc. Blog - NYTimes.com
The price of oil is way down from just half a year ago, when some were predicting $200 a barrel. No clear answers yet, but if a biofuel start-up counted on $90 oil, it may be in trouble.
- Chevron venture capital arm pursues clean tech - East Bay Business Times:
Part of a bigger trend of incumbent fuel and energy companies investing in new technologies.
- DHL reveals clean-tech incubation unit - BusinessGreen
As part of DHL's efforts to reduce carbon emissions, it has found that it needs to invest in clean-tech start-ups to stimulate the market for low-carbon products.