CNET Update blinks for Bluetooth:
In this tech-news roundup:
- We could be one year away from a world of computerized contacts. Novartis, the owner of Alcon, will be that can help diabetics. The goal is to create contacts with sensors that can measure blood sugar levels in tears. Prototypes could be ready by early 2015.
- See if Google can keep us safer from cyberattacks with the new . This team is on a mission to hunt for security problems in software to make the Internet a little safer to surf.
- Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are getting more competition. , a video game TV console for little kids.
- Fitness trackers are getting more fashionable. Designer Tory Burch is selling jewelry accessories for the Fitbit Flex.
- Set phasers to channel surf with the . It'll beam down to retailers for $150.
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.