CNET Update needs a smarter wrist:
Could Google be looking to buy WhatsApp? The latest report says Google is considering acquiring the app for $1 billion. At the end of 2012, it was said Facebook was talking about buying this popular messaging app. If it sells for $1 billion, that puts WhatsApp into the same category as Instagram, which sold to Facebook for the same amount.
Also in today's tech roundup:
- We might hear more about the next Xbox console in late May. Reports indicate that Microsoft pushed an April reveal back to May 21.
- Sony revealed that its 4K televisions, also known as Ultra HD, start at $5,000 for the 55-inch model. Well, it's certainly much less than the 85-inch $25,000 model shown at CES.
- The Mars rover Curiosity is taking a spring break, because the Sun is blocking communication with Mars for several weeks.
- Is the Pebble Watch worthy of your wrist? Read the full CNET review here.
- Also in this emerging smart-wrist category, LinkMe wants to be a scrolling LED billboard for your wrist -- if it can get the funding.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, and subscribe to the podcast via the links below.
iTunes (HD) | iTunes (SD) | iTunes (HQ)
RSS (HD) | RSS (SD) | RSS (HQ)