In a crowded auditorium at Moscone Center in San Francisco, Google announced a number of new initiatives and services during its annual developer's conference today. These endeavors include the expected developer's preview to its updated mobile operating system, Android M, an Internet of Things platform called and several new features to its .
The tech giant's keynote was live-streamed for 2 million viewers watching across 90 countries. If you didn't catch the event, however, or want to re-watch some of the highlights, we've compiled all the noteworthy events of the presser below.
1. Improved fingerprint verification capabilities
2. Android Doze helps handsets snooze deeper and save battery life
3. Wider support for USB Type-C charging
4. Google Brillo, an Internet of Things operating system
5. Weave gets smart home devices talkin'
6. Access more information with Google Now on Tap
7. Google Photo app receives tons of new features
8. Unlimited, high-quality photo storage for Android and iOS
9. Go offline with Google Map directions
10. Google Cardboard gets a bigger fit
11. Google and GoPro 'jump" into VR video together
Google I/O 2017
reading•Google I/O video cheatsheet: The highlights you need to know
Aug 22•How to download Android Oreo right now
Aug 21•Android Oreo wants to make your phone twice as fast
May 26•Google's three-step plan to make you love VR
May 23•Bye, Siri: 6 tips for using Google Assistant on the iPhone