As Google launched two new members of its smart speaker lineup on Wednesday -- the and the -- the company also announced new tricks to make the always-listening even smarter across all Home devices.
- Broadcast: The coolest new feature lets you send a message to all the other Home devices in your house. Call your kids to dinner or tell your spouse that you're on your way.
- Find your phone: Ask Google's digital assistant to find your phone, and it will ring your Android phone, even if it's on silent.
- Smart home routines: Google is getting better at managing the smart home as well. You'll now be able to add your synced devices to your routines. Give a single command such as "Good morning" and the Google Assistant can turn on your lights, raise the temperature of your thermostat, and help get your house ready for the day.
- Show my entryway: If you have a Chromecast, tell Google you want to see your front door, and the live stream from the cam will pull up on your TV. and a
- Doorbell chimes: In another collaboration with Nest, Nest's new smart doorbell -- called the Nest Hello -- will sound a chime on your Google Home. Your Home can even announce a person the Nest doorbell recognizes via facial recognition.
- Family accounts: You can already create . Now, parents can create accounts for kids under 13. Google is promising improved understanding of your kids' speech.
- Family fun: Google's also partnering with the likes of Disney, Warner Brothers and Sports Illustratred for Kids to offer unique experiences tailored for the whole family when you ask it to tell a story, play a game or say "let's learn."
We'll see if these features are enough to help the originaland the new members of the Home lineup .
Google Pixel 2 event live: Watch the livestream of Google's press conference
Everything Google just announced: Every story from today's event