Microsoft has announced the first 30 gaming titles for its Windows Phone 7 mobile platform at Gamescom in Germany.
Showing support from some of the biggest players in mobile gaming, 30 games were announced from developers including Konami, Namco, PopCap and Halfbrick. The games listed below are only the first round of releases, with more to be announced before the Windows Phone 7 launch and through to Christmas.
Halfbrick will feature two titles on the Windows Phone Market, both of which have already had success on different gaming platforms. Fruit Ninja became an instant classic for the iPhone with its excellent touchscreen input, and Age of Zombies will be a phone-first after a former life on the Sony PlayStation Portable.
Games from the big developers include:
- Gameloft: Assassins Creed, Asphalt 5, Brain Challenge, Earthworm Jim
- Konami: Castlevania, Frogger, UNO, Splinter Cell Conviction, Real Soccer 2
- Namco Bandai: More Brain Exercise, Puzzle Quest 2, Flight Control
- PopCap: Bejeweled Live
- THQ: De Blob Revolution, Star Wars: Battle for Hoth, Star Wars: Cantina
- i-Play: Fast & Furious 7, Deal or No Deal 2010, Bubble Town 2, Women's Murder Club: Death in Scarlet
- Glu Mobile: Guitar Hero 5, Glyder 2
- MGS: CarneyVale Showtime, Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst, Game Chest-Board, Game Chest-Solitaire, Halo Waypoint, ilomilo
- Halfbrick: Age of Zombies, Fruit Ninja
Gaming on the Windows Phone 7 will integrate with an established Xbox Live account; bring over a gamer's accumulated score, achievements and avatar; as well as give certain Windows Phone titles an avenue for multiplayer.