Most notable among the changes is the addition of Survival mode. This is the game's hard-core mode, which places a premium on resource management. Items can be harder to find, you deal and take more damage, fast travel is disabled, quick-saving and most autosaves are gone, and so on. You can get a more in-depth explanation of what to expect in our previous coverage.
1.5 also adds support for the upcoming Far Harbor expansion (launching on May 19) and fixes various bugs. A full rundown is available below.
You can grab the update now on PS4 and Xbox One. Additionally, if you've registered interest in beta testing the Far Harbor DLC on any platform, you should check your email to see if you received an invite.
The console versions of Fallout 4 are set to add mod support soon. Bethesda recently announced plans to bring it to Xbox One sometime in May, followed by PS4 in June.
Fallout 4 1.5 Patch Notes:
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger, and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Third-person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu