CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
Cheeps! Loads of good news today, starting with much-needed improvements to the comments system. Now you'll find both social-media sharing buttons and a comments button on the left side, just below my smiling mug, and a big ol' comment button at the end of the post.
So, in addition to the new top toolbar that appears when you scroll down, that makes three ways to access the comments section (in your desktop browser, anyway). I'm told these are stop-gap solutions, so things may change yet again, but for now...all good!
This month marks nine years I've been writing the Cheapskate blog. I'm eternally grateful to CNET for letting me do my thing all this time, and just as grateful to all of you for being such awesome readers.
And let's all thank the folks at Daily Steals, who generously donated some amazing prizes for this, the Cheapskate's 9th-Anniversary Giveaway.
One lucky winner will receive the following (but only by following the instructions outlined down below):
That's more than $1,300 worth of sweet loot, folks. The first runner-up will get an Apple Watch and Sharkk Bravo, and runner-up number two scores just the headphones which, incidentally, are valued at $300.
Sound good? Entering is easy: Just leave a comment (now that you know where to find the comments section) answering this question: What's your favorite TV show in which technology plays a prominent role? Could be something as straightforward as "Star Trek," something esoteric like "Orphan Black" or even an old favorite like "Knight Rider." I'm going to have to go with arguably the most obvious choice: "Black Mirror."
And that's it! One comment and you're entered. Update: You must leave that comment HERE, with this post. Comments left elsewhere will not count! Official rules below. Good luck, cheeps! And thanks again to Daily Steals for the very generous anniversary prizes.
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user (by mousing over the head icon in the top-right corner of the page and clicking Join CNET, or, if you're on a mobile device, the menu at top left). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Click any of the buttons that take you to the comments section, then answer this question: "What's your favorite TV show in which technology plays a prominent role?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, November 25, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 11/25/16. See rules for details.