OMG, you guys.
I am so tickled because today I get to give away not one, not two, but three of my favorite products. They're all different, but all in the same awesome category: drones!
I've had a mad love affair with these things this year, and as fate would have it, these are among my favorite models. So let's cut right to the chase: Leave a comment below for your chance to win one of the following, all courtesy of StackSocial:
- Extreme Fliers Micro Drone 2.0 with aerial camera -- A small, extremely agile quad-copter that made its debut last year, but is no less impressive here in 2014.
- Hubsan Code Black Drone with HD camera -- This is a custom job created just for StackSocial, a stealthy version of the company's popular X4 H107 series -- which I've flown extensively and find super-fun.
- 3D Robotics IRIS+ -- This is not only programmable and GoPro-compatible, it also incorporates "follow me" technology. Just pair it with your GPS-enabled Android device and it will go where you go.
Needless to say, you want to enter this contest. And to do so, all you have to do is hit the comments section below (don't see it? Probably you're on a mobile device or have an ad-blocker installed) and answer either of these questions:
Update:The contest has ended.
What's the coolest thing about owning a drone? What features do you want the most?
If you want to be extra-cool, vote in our poll, too. It's optional, but appreciated. Now for the fine print, followed by a bonus deal below!
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the Join the Discussion section below my blog post and hit the Post Comment button. If you're not already registered, please do so. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Leave a comment below answering one or both of these questions: "What's the coolest thing about owning a drone? What features do you want the most?" Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winners will be chosen randomly. If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, December 1 at 11:59pm PT.
- *Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 & older, and a Registered User of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59pm PT on 12/01/2014. See for details.
Bonus deal: If you've been thinking about making the move to Ting (and here are $100 off any new or used smartphone you buy or a $100 account credit if you bring your own. Full disclosure: that's a referral link, but it's also the only way to nab that significant saving. I've had one of the junior Cheapskates on Ting for a couple months now, and I continue to be extremely impressed with the service.), there's never been a better time: Until December 1, the carrier is offering