CNET's Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
Home is where the Wi-Fi is, and depending on the age, size and layout of your home, signals might not reach all corners. That's a common problem, which is why mesh networks have started to catch on in a big way. By deploying a base station and "mesh points," you can greatly improve connectivity.
And guess what? You just clicked your way into a chance to win your very own mesh network from the awesome folks at Ubiquiti Networks.
The AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi System consists of a seriously cool-looking router base station and two similarly stylish access points, all of them designed to blanket your house in speedy Wi-Fi goodness.
Sound good? Here's what you have the chance to win this week:
- Grand prize: The AmpiFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi System, ARV $350.
- First prize: One AmpliFi-R Mesh Router and one Mesh Point, ARV $280.
- Second prize: Two Mesh Points (compatible with any router), ARV $260.
I haven't had the chance to try this gear myself, but from what I've read, it's very easy to install and very good at filling your home with Wi-Fi signals. Over at Amazon, the full system earned a 4.3-star average rating from well over 500 customers -- an impressive score for any kind of networking gear.
To enter, hit the comments section and answer these questions: "Which area in your house has the worst Wi-Fi signal and where is your current Wi-Fi router placed?" Then vote in our poll (below) and you're done!
Good luck, cheeps.
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking the head icon in the top-right corner of the page, then Join CNET). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Locate the comments section, then answer these questions: "Which area in your house has the worst Wi-Fi signal and where is your current Wi-Fi router placed? " Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, June 16, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Some legalese: *NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on June 16, 2017. See rules for details.