CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our.
The Cheapskate is traveling this week (hello, California!) but fear not: I've left behind some great deals and, for today, a contest!
Everyone knows that Bluetooth speakers are small and under-powered and barely qualify as stereo, right? Not so the top prize in this giveaway: It's a powerful, old-school-meets-new-school bookshelf system with a subwoofer, remote and other amenities.
That's why you'll definitely want to enter for your chance to win the Thonet & Vander Ratsel BT 2.1-channel speaker system.
For starters, just look at it. It's almost menacing, like it would make other speakers cry. The Ratsel system consists of two mini-tower satellites, a subwoofer, a volume-control tower and a remote. Total power output: 72 watts.
Although you can plug in both RCA and 3.5mm sources, the "BT" in Ratsel BT stands for "Bluetooth." Not only that, it supports NFC pairing, so if you've got a compatible, say, Android phone, just give it a tap and you're ready to stream. This prize has an MSRP of $249.99. Yum.
Two runners-up will each receive the Thonet & Vander Kurbis Bluetooth bookshelf speaker system, a 50-watt pair worth $199.99.
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking Join CNET in the top-right corner of the page). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer this question: "What features and qualities are most important to you in a speaker system?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, August 21 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 08/21/15. See rules for details.