CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
My home is so smart...
How smart is it?
My home is so smart, it got a perfect score on its HUD test. (Yeah, I know, that was weak. You try to come up a house-oriented SAT analogy! Go ahead, I'll wait.)
In the meantime, let's talk about ways to smarten up your domicile. The folks at Elgato have a great line of Apple HomeKit-enabled products called Eve, and this week there's a chance you could win a sweet bundle of them. One grand prize winner will take home the following:
- Samsung 40-inch Class 1080p Smart LED LCD TV (ARV $389)
- Apple TV Generation 4 (ARV $129)
- Elgato Eve Room (ARC $79.95)
- Elgato Eve Door & Window (ARV $39.95)
- Elgato Eve Energy (ARV $49.95)
But, wait, there's more: Two runners-up each get the three Eve products. (You can, and should, learn more about them on Elgato's product page.) That means you have three, three, three chances to win!
Sound good? Entering is easy: Just vote in the poll below, then leave a comment answering this question: What's your preferred way to control household gadgets: talk or tap? (In other words, do you prefer the likes of Siri and Alexa, or are you happier tapping apps on a phone or tablet?) Me, I've been an app man for a long while, but my Amazon Echo is rapidly converting me to a do-what-I-say fan.
Good luck, cheeps!
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user (by mousing over the head icon in the top-right corner of the page and clicking Join CNET, or if you're on mobile the menu at top left). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer this question: "What's your preferred way to control household gadgets: talk or tap?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, October 7, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 10/7/16. See rules for details.