CNET's Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
How's the Wi-Fi in your place? So-so? Doesn't effectively reach all corners? That's a pretty common issue, which is why mesh networks have started to catch on in a big way. By deploying two or more routers or satellites around the house, you can greatly improve connectivity.
And guess what? You just clicked your way into a chance to win your very own mesh network. That's thanks to the awesome folks at Ignition Design Labs, which makes the Portal mesh routers needed for awesome home Wi-Fi.
Portal is designed to provide fast, reliable Wi-Fi for apartments, lofts, condos, home offices and homes up to 3,000 square feet. The hardware is driven by patented DFS FastLanes technology that accesses new Wi-Fi spectrum and automatically moves all of your devices onto the fastest channel.
Sound good? Here's the giveaway breakdown:
- One grand-prize winner will walk away with two Portal mesh routers, a value of $398.
- Two runners-up will each get a single Portal mesh router, each valued at $199.
Sigh. This is one of those contests I really wish I could enter.
But you go on ahead, because I want your Wi-Fi to become awesome. All you have to do is hit up the comments section below (and if you can't access it for some reason, please contact CNET customer service) and answer this question:
If you could change one thing about your router, what would it be? (Range? Bandwidth? Reliability? Something else?)
After that, optional but appreciated: Vote in our poll, below.
Good luck, cheeps!
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking the head icon in the top-right corner of the page, then Join CNET). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Locate the comments section, then answer this question: "If you could change one thing about your router, what would it be?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, April 21, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Some legalese: *NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on April 21, 2017. See rules for details.