What? Paper! Are you still around? Wasn't technology supposed to retire you to museums for future generations to gawk at?
Instead, things like bills, business cards, receipts and recipes torn from magazines -- yes, we still have those, too -- pile up until you get frustrated enough to shovel them into the trash, only to discover two days later that you need that Home Depot receipt, dangit.
Why not just scan everything into an electronic file? This works only if you've got time to burn: turn on the computer, fire up the scanning software, feed in all your documents, save them to your hard drive, upload them to Evernote, and on and on.
That's why one of my favorite products is the NeatConnect, a standalone scanner that whisks scanned documents to the cloud service of your choice -- no computer required. It has three slots, one each for business cards, receipts and documents; and it's lightning-fast at swallowing them. (CNET hasn't reviewed it, but here's my review if you want to learn more.)
Alas, it's a pricey beggar, which is why I'm overjoyed about my new contest: We're giving away a NeatConnect scanner! It comes with a three-month NeatCloud subscription and has a retail value of $499.95.
Two runners-up will receive a NeatReceipts scanner, which does require a computer but runs entirely on USB power. Woot! Leave a comment (as described below), then vote in our poll!
Now for the pesky rules:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking Join CNET in the top-right corner of the page). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer these questions: "On a scale from 'I Use File Cabinets!' to 'Lost in Mount Trashmore,' how disorganized are you? And would going paperless help make things better?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, June 12 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a Registered User of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 06/12/15. Seefor details. Good luck!