Let's see, a bulging wallet stuffed with cash and credit cards, or a little gizmo that lets you make payments nearly anywhere with a wave of your smartphone? Sounds like a pretty easy choice to me.
If you're ready to embrace this brave new world of digital dollars, I've got just the contest for you.
three five of its mobile-payment devices, and you can enter to win right here, right now.
Update: The contest has ended.
All you have to do is vote in our poll (optional, but appreciated), then hit the comments section below (mandatory, and also appreciated) to answer these questions:
Are you ready to leave your credit cards at home? Why or why not?
Of course, maybe you need a little more information before you can decide. LoopPay is a little fob that securely stores all your credit cards, then wirelessly transmits that data to point-of-sale card readers virtually anywhere.
My first question was, how does it compare to Apple Pay? Answer: it pretty much blows it out of the water, at least in terms of merchant acceptance. Oh, and it's compatible with many an Android device as well.
CNET hasn't yet done any real-world testing of the LoopPay, though I do recommend viewing Scott Stein's extensive LoopPay review for Fortune. (Spoiler: "Loop is a brilliant idea, and most importantly, it works."), followed by Jason Cipriani's
three five prizes are a LoopPay ChargeCase (for iPhone 5/5S), a LoopPay Card and a LoopPay Fob. Good luck! Update: The prizes also include two CardCases, one each for iPhone 5/5S and iPhone 6.
Now for the fine print about how to enter:
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the Join the Discussion section below my blog post and hit the Post Comment button. If you're not already registered, please do so. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Leave a comment below answering this question: "Are you ready to leave your credit cards at home? Why or why not?" Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winners will be chosen randomly. If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, November 21 at 11:59pm PT.
- *Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 & older, and a Registered User of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59pm PT on 11/21/2014. See for details.