CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our.
Hey, hey, it's contest time! While I'm off doing the Rosh Hashanah thing today, I leave you with a giveaway that will give three winners a nice little pile of gadget booty.
This is loosely themed around dorm rooms, but why should students have all the fun? These prizes are great for anyone who carries a mobile device, listens to music and/or sits at a desk.
One grand prize winner will receive the following:
- A TaoTronics Eye-caring LED desk lamp with four lighting modes, a touch-sensitive dimmer, an auto-off timer and two USB charging ports. I don't know what "eye-caring" is, but I do know this popular item (which you can read about here) costs $60.
- A TaoTronics Bluetooth sport earbud headset, also a popular item.
- A RAVPower 16,000mAh mobile phone charger with 2.1- and 2.4-amp outputs and an LED flashlight. It normally sells for $36.99 and has stellar ratings.
So, yeah, about a hundred bucks' worth of cool booty. Worth the time to answer a simple question, don't you think? That's all you have to do to enter this giveaway, so check the rules below, hit the comments section and riddle me this: What's the single most essential tech product for the modern student? (Even if you're not a student, weigh in.)
Oh, and two runners-up will receive a similar bundle, but with a RAVPower desktop USB charging station in place of the phone charger.
Legalese and instructions time!
- Register as a CNET user by clicking "Join CNET" in the top-right corner of the page. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post. Click "Show Comments," then answer this question: What's the single most essential tech product for the modern student? Then click "Post Comment".
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. You must respond to this email within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, September 18 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 & older, and a Registered User of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 09/18/15. See rules for details.